Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Quiet


(photo by April)


I love quiet.
Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy crazy hustle bustle as well.
Growing up as the eldest of a rather loud dramatic group of siblings,
I am often most comfortable in the craze.

But I love the quiet still moments.

Like now,
Husband is asleep and I should really wake him up soon
because he has a final paper to finish,
but the quiet is so deliciously lovely I'd hate to break it
by waking him and the grump sure to follow (;

I should acknowledge this specific kind of quiet I so deeply enjoy.
When Husband is NOT here it is an uncomfortable sometimes scary kind of quiet
of being alone,
that I most certainly do not enjoy.

But the quiet when he is here,
the quiet metered by his napping breaths,
is one of the things I love best.

I am not one of those girls who lay and watch their husband sleep,
rather I like to get up and make a cup of coffee as quietly as I can so as not to wake him,
then open my curtains to reveal the morning light,
then I sit and simply enjoy the unfolding of the morning.

I know I will not always have the luxury of these moments 
so I try to stretch them and enjoy them as much as I can now.

I love my life 

  and Husband (:


xoxo,
lyss

1 comment: