Thursday, March 28, 2013

almost friday





 This morning I though it was Friday.
This afternoon I thought it was Wednesday.

And all the time in between I was counting the hours
 and minutes to nap time.
While I listened to stories of the previous days school adventures
and gave another reminder to finish breakfast,
I was enjoying every minute and at the same time 
reminding myself "just a few more hours, you can make it".
As I put little man's sock BACK on for the umpteenth time
and scooted him back up in his chair
(because he is determined to scoot his little bum out of his chair when my back is turned)
I smiled to myself as I thought about how little man's whine sounds
exactly like miss E's whine and then looked at the 
clock to see how much time had passed since the last time I checked.

It was a hard morning/afternoon and I was so grateful 
to come home and put my achey sneezing head to bed again.
 And for all my counting of hours and longing for my nap
time I love my littles and I'm so grateful for my days with them.

 Happy Almost Friday,

xoxo,
lyss

2 comments:

  1. Love it!! Brings back memories. Especially the part about counting the minutes to nap time, and the sock.
    Luv you!!
    Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Brings back memories. Especially the part about counting the minutes to nap time, and the sock.
    Luv you!!
    Momma

    ReplyDelete