Wednesday, January 22, 2014


Each time January comes round I feel like there's nothing to say.
 Not there there isn't things to talk about or to share, in face there's usually lot to share, 
but there just are not words.
As if they somehow get stuck in the cloudy grayness that settles both in the 
beauty of the sky and the murkiness of my brain.
There are January joys and beauties but they seemed to get mulled in 
with the sad things until I can't decipher one from the other and
decide to just drink some more tea and be quiet instead.
I've come here several times the last few weeks trying to string together words
in a tangible way.... but the words are far and fuzzy if there at all.
I feel like I need to explain the quiet, the silence.
It's not because of a lack of joy or things to talk about, 
we are so enjoying this season and are cherishing it to remember
in the the heat of summer days when warm drinks
and snuggling under blankets seems a lifetime ago.
And I honestly think we are enjoying winter as we never have before
(so grateful to not be on dairy anymore!)
There just are not words at the moment (:
So don't worry,
we'll be back in a week or two with regaling stories or below freezing
weather and hiding away in bookstores (:

xoxo,
lyss

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear, and grateful to God that you aren't in physical pain, in the winter months like you were before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear, and grateful to God that you aren't in physical pain, in the winter months like you were before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My phone is trying to tell me it's tired and ready to retire, not sure why that posted twice. Sorry

    ReplyDelete