Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Remember that one time where all we ate was Jello Salad?












 We got to see my dear Schaffy last night! Goodness I adore this girl. 
So sweet and gracious and just a joy. She is here visiting her sister so we kidnapped Schaffy and took her on a picnic that included chinese and a very chilly sunset.
Such a treat to spend an evening with her.


In the reminiscing and laughing over shared moments I was reminded of how much God uses our dear friends to make us who we are. Before Husband and I were "us", before Chicago, before the learnings we've had here that have so defined us, my dear friends were there and have been there the whole time. Sharing secret triumphs and trials, giggling over awkward moments, and sharing future dreams. 
These friends that challenge and inspire me. That I know I can confide in because they are trustworthy and wise. Somewhere between the years these friends have become "old" friends and I think there are none so dear. 
I certainly want to be better on my end when it comes to these friendships
but I just want to say "THANK YOU!" to these friends who are so precious to me.
Your support, love, encouragement and trust over these many years means a great deal to me.
I love you.




No comments:

Post a Comment