Friday, September 20, 2013

This week and coffee induced ramblings





This week has consisted of lots of little sleep nights,
lots of early mornings,
and lots and lots of coffee to try and stay awake
and pleasant (;
Although I should note that the heatwave
ended Friday morning and the weekend was such a delightful beginning of fall!
Bring out the sweaters and pumpkin soup!

 I got a wicked blister on Friday 
from wearing boots that I forgot I hadn't completely broken in last year,
So we kept pretty close to home all weekend.
(seriously! I was limping the whole weekend and there was slight concern of infection.
And I wore socks! Promise! I was not an idiot this time)
but it was wonderful all the same (:
Husband kept tsking over me with concern and we got lots and lots done
in lieu of fall cleaning at home.

This week and the not sleeping much has just done me in,
although in thinking about it its really just the not sleeping much.
This week standing on its own has been delightful.

Yesterday I texted Husband and invited him to go to the zoo
with my boys and I after school.
When I told the boys Josh was coming to the zoo with us
you would have thought I had told them we were going to 
Disney land. Squeals and fist pumps and "oh yeah!" all around (:
those boys LOVE Josh.
It was one of my favorite afternoons.
We had SUCH fun 
and had so many little adventures.
Playing tag with Otters, high fiving Beavers (No really! It was the coolest thing!)
climbing through a massive maze jungle gym, and singing 
Taylor Swift's "I Knew You Were Trouble" at the top of our lungs.

I am so grateful for the honor of getting to love 
and take care of these little boys
and so humbled when Josh comes along side
and loves them too.

We are so blessed.

And with that sappiness....

I hope you have a wonderful weekend
filled with long naps 
and autumn picnics!
We're hoping for sleep without nightmares
(please. please. please)
and to go record hunting (:


xoxo,
lyss




No comments:

Post a Comment