Monday, October 1, 2012

some days...




 ... are weird days.
As in really weird. As in from the moment I wake up nothing feels quite right 
and I'm not quite sure what to do about it.
There's this quiet melancholy that settles in my being and is 
content to stay the whole day through. 
Do you ever have days like that?
(You do? Oh good, I'm so glad I'm not the only one!)

On these days I've developed some habits to help
me enjoy the day.

1. Delight in the moment for God has given it and hence it is good

2. Drink an extra cup of coffee

3.Wear a favorite pretty dress

4. Listen to something inspiring
(this is usually the The Civil Wars)

5. Include things that I enjoy in the to do list for the day


These do not make the melancholy go away but it does help me to see and enjoy the day for what it is.


 And this dress?
Pretty much my dream dress since I was 6 years old and my Mama read me 
Little House On The Prairie for the first time.
Husband found it in a Salvation Army rummage sale,
bet you didn't know the Salvation Army had rummage sales did you? (;

Since we're talking about Husband (like how I snuck that in?) prayers, kisses,
and cuddles from Husband ALWAYS help.



xoxo,
lyss




1 comment:

  1. I can relate to this, sometimes I feel like that too. So, no....you're not alone :) Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed this post, the words, the pictures, just all of it!

    ReplyDelete