Thursday, January 30, 2014

A Post of Exclamations (Catch up style!)




~We're going to Ireland in March! Eeeek!
April and I have talked about going when she graduates high school for years.
So this past year we saved our pennies (and dimes and quarters and silver dollars....)
 and surprised her with a week long trip.
We're going to get to see some friends and explore to our hearts content.
We're over the moon about it (:

~We've had SO much snow! And lots and lots days with the highs in sub zeros!
And it has been so beautiful.
This winter has been such a contrast for me to past winters.
January has almost always been a just awful month, 
one to be survived and hard to enjoyed.
This January however has been so beautiful and I've come to love winter
days with their clear light and light airy snowflakes always surprising you.
We've loved cozying up while Josh studies and I know we'll miss these times
when the heat comes back round so we're cherishing them extra hard.

~We have a garage space!
We're such adults now (;
For a sum of money (thats kind of more than the holey walls and floor are worth, but anyway...)
we ALWAYS have a space to park and we don't every have to
dig the jeep out of the snow again!
We're in love.

~We went to Zoo lights while it was in the middle of a small snowstorm!
It was SO much fun! 

~We painted our bedroom wall black! I've admired black walls
on pinterest for longest time and we took the leap of faith 
right after we got home from FL.
I hope to get a good picture next sunny day we have.

~We went to see Bethany's senior recital!
It was soooo sweet to see her and all of the Woodfins
and we can't wait to see all of them again in May for her graduation.
But I think that will be our last winter roadtrip for a long long time,
icy roads are just not our thing....

We went and saw Frozen!
And it was adorable!
We giggled the whole time about how the icy girls' name was Elsa (;

And I think that's about all,
Well, other than some colds and stuff but who wants to hear about that :P
I'm so happy to be coming out of January and the sunny days
that are becoming more and more frequent.
We have so many little countdowns going on, from Ireland,
to Jon's wedding, to Bethany's graduation,
this is going to be such a fun full season.
We're so very very blessed.

Happy End Of January (:
Did you make it through all right?

xoxo,
lyss




2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I laughed at the "Elsa" part. I'm pretty sure "Elsa" is the chicken that pecks at the back door and bosses me when I'm filling their water. Who knows?? Sure seems like it should be her

    You heard Bethanny play, AND saw all the Woodfins?? I am SO happy for you, jealous that it wasn't me, and embarrassed that I haven't driven to Montgomery to visit them

    LOVE that globe picture. Perfect cover photo for this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say? Zoo lights in snowstorm? What a WONDERFUL experience. Look forward to seeing the pictures

    ReplyDelete